- 1 gallon [3 3/4 L] chokeberries [good measure]
- 5 cups [1 kg] sugar
- Hot sterilized jars and lids
- Stem fully ripe chokecherries; clean, rinse then transfer chokeberries into a kettle.
- Add enough water so you can see it between the berries.
- Cook until well done.
- Squeeze out the juice.
- If not quite enough for 5 cups [1.125 L], add water.
- Make jelly as follows in small batches of 5 cups [1.125 L] juice.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Measure sugar in a pan and heat in oven.
- Add warm sugar to juice and boil until it falls in sheets instead of drips off a spoon.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, and seal.