- 1 [9-inch / 23-cm] frozen pie shell
- 2/3 cup [1150 g] grated Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] finely chopped green or red sweet pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] ligth cream or milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] basil
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F [220°C].
- Transfer pie shell in its plate onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated Swiss cheese all over bottom of pie shell.
- Top with finely chopped green onion and sweet pepper.
- Beat together cream or milk, eggs, basil, oregano, salt and pepper before pouring mixture into pie shell.
- Bake into preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F [180°C].
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more, until a knife comes out clean from its center.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing to serve.