- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] brown rice
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can cream of mushroom soup concentrate
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup [225 g] partly skimmed Cheddar cheese cubes
- 1 cup [250 mL] cleaned fresh mushroom slices
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] rosemary
- 1 sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, sliced into rings
- 1 sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded, sliced into rings
- Boil brown rice following the instructions on the box.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F [180°C]
- Mix in beaten egg.
- Press mixture over bottom and sides of a 9-inch [23-cm] greased pie plate.
- Beat together cream of mushroom soup concentrate, milk and remaining eggs.
- Mix in cheese cubes, mushroom slices and rosemary; pour into prepared shell.
- Decorate with sweet green and red pepper rings.
- Bake into preheated oven for approximately 50 minutes, until set.