- 1 short-crust pastry unbaked quiche shell
- 1 1/4 cups [285 g] grated Emmenthal cheese
- 1 pound [454 g] broken-up crabmeat
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] finely chopped green onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup [250 mL] cream [15% m.s.g.]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] dry mustard
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] blanched almond flakes
- Dry peas
- Preheat oven to 400°F [200°C].
- Line a 10-inch [25-cm] quiche dish with unbaked shell.
- Prick shell with a fork, add dry peas and bake into preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Take away from heat [do not turn-off the oven]; throw away dry peas.
- Sprinkle bottom of quiche with grated Emmenthal cheese; evenly cover cheese with broken-up crabmeat and chopped green onion.
- Into a clean bowl, beat eggs.
- Add and then beat together cream, salt, pepper, lemon rind and dry mustard.
- Pour mixture over crabmeat and green onions; sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Bake into preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 375°F [190°C].
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more, until the blade of a knife comes out clean from its center.
- Take away from oven; let quiche rest for 5 minutes before serving.