- 1 baked pastry shell
- 1 can shrimps, rinsed and drained
1 pound [454 g] steamed scallops
- 1 pound [454 g] steamed fish
- 1 can drained asparagus tips and/or bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] melted butter
- 1/4 cup [35 g] flour
- 1 1/4 cups [310 mL] milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup [125 to 175 g] grated cheese
- Mix together all cheese sauce ingredients: melted butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper and grated cheese.
- Pour half of mixture into baked pastry shell.
- Arrange rinsed and drained shrimps or steamed scallops all over.
- Pour remaining sauce over shellfish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Garnish with drained asparagus and/or sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Bake into a preheated 300°F [150°C] oven, for approximately 30 minutes.