- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] oil
- 5 teaspoons [25 mL] minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups [500 mL] freshly sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] baking apples, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] cooked diced chicken white
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] tarragon
- 1 [approximately 10-inch / 25-cm] short-crust pastry shell
- 1 cup [225 g] grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] milk
- 4 beaten eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F [200°C].
- Into a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Brown minced shallots and garlic for approximately 1 minute; higher heat.
- Add mushroom slices; brown for approximately 3 minutes.
- Mix in minced apples; brown for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add chicken dices and season with salt, pepper and tarragon; take away from heat.
- Line a 9-inch [23-cm] quiche dish with pastry shell.
- Pour apple mixture into quiche shell; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Beat together milk and beaten eggs; pour over apple mixture.
- Bake into preheated oven for 35 minutes, until golden brown.