- 1/4 cup [60 mL] whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] wheat bran cereal crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 g] butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons [26.25 g] flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1 [7-ounce / 198-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 2 diced carrots, boiled 'al dente'
- 1/2 small cauliflower, broken-up into flowerets, boiled 'al dente'
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup [60 g] grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F [200°C].
- Mix together breadcrumbs and cereal crumbs.
- Spread mixture all over the bottom and side of a non-stick or sprayed [with non-stick vegetable coating] pie plate.
- Into a small heavy saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
- Mix in flour; stir for 1 minute and then pour in milk.
- Whip until thickened.
- Away from heat, whip in drained corn kernels, beaten eggs and chopped parsley.
- Mix in carrot dices and cauliflower flowerets.
- Salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour mixture into pie shell; sprinkle with grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake into preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.