Serve as a brunch or a light meal along with a salad.|
For a change, try using whole wheat or any flavour tortillas.
It is also possible to add any desired ingredient such as dried tomatoes, roasted sweet peppers, Blue cheese, spinach, prosciutto or pancetta, roasted pine nuts...
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Baking time : 20 to 25 minutes
- 5 1/4 ounces [150 g] chorizo sausage, into tiny dices
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1/2 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 pound [300 g] creamy goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] shredded rocket lettuce
- 8 small white flour tortillas
- Vegetable coating spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F [190°C].
- Lightly brown chorizo dices into a frypan.
- Remove from frypan and reserve.
- Into the same frypan, brown together chopped leek and onion for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Into a bowl, beat together eggs and goat cheese.
- Mix in reserved chorizo dices and leek mixture.
- Salt, pepper then mix in shredded rocket lettuce.
- Spray 8 muffin tins with vegetable coating.
- Line each muffin with a flour tortilla, pressing it over bottom and sides.
- Delicately pour beaten eggs mixture into each tortilla.
- Bake into preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until eggs are set, before serving.