- 4 small [6-inch / 15-cm] whole cereal buns
- 1/4 pound [113 g] Swiss or Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound [227 g] small round beef thin slices, Chinese fondue-style
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 medium-size tomato
- 1/4 pound [113 g] fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] Italian oil-free salad dressing
- Half buns lengthwise; sprinkle each half with grated cheese.
- Reshape buns, onto a cookie sheet.
- Onto a clean cookie sheet, arrange beef slices.
- Bake together buns and beef slices into a preheated 350°F [180°C] oven, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop green pepper, tomato and mushrooms; mix together with salad dressing.
- Remove buns from oven; immediately fill buns with beef slices and vegetables mixture.
- Reshape buns and serve immediately.