- 1 1/2 tablespoons [22.5 mL] butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] sliced mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups [1 L] chopped spinach leaves
- 4 Kaiser rolls, or small individual round rolls
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] grated cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter; brown onion, garlic, green onions, mushroom slices, tomato dices and chopped spinach leaves until dry.
- Remove 1 thin slice on top of each roll; hollow out.
- Cover the bottom of each roll with vegetable mixture; break an egg over vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle eggs with grated cheese, then with basil and a little paprika; salt and pepper.
- Bake into a preheated 350°F [180°C] oven for 12 minutes, for a soft yolk or longer, to taste.