- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] canned black turtle beans
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] grated Mozzarella cheese
- 4 soft tortillas, taco shells or pita breads
- 1 cup [250 mL] shredded lettuce
- 3 or 4 thinly sliced radishes or thinly sliced cucumber
- 3 to 4 pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] chunky salsa, hot or mild
- In a fry pan, heat oil; brown onion for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in black turtle beans; cokk for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Mix in grated cheese.
- As soon as cheese has completely melted, spread it, warm, over tortillas; cool.
- Garnish with mixed filling; roll, as you would a jelly roll.
- Serve cold or reheated, in oven or microwave.
- Delicately mix together lettuce, radishes or cucumber, black olives and chunky salsa.