- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] green onion slices
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] margarine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 English muffins, halved thickwise using a fork
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] chunky salsa
- 12 Cheddar cheese strips
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until medium-hot.
- Beat together eggs, green onion slices, sweet red pepper dices and salt into a disposable al bowl.
- Into a disposable aluminum pan, melt margarine on rack over medium-hot embers.
- Pour in eggs mixture stirring until set.
- Arrange each English muffin half onto a heavy sheet al foil large enough to wrap it in.
- Evenly spoon eggs mixture onto cut sides each muffin half.
- Evenly garnish each with chunky salsa, then top with each with 2 strips Cheddar cheese.
- Tightly wrap each muffin half into al foil.
- Transfer on rack over medium-hot embers for approximately 10 minutes, to melt the cheese, before serving.