- 4 medium potaotes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] milk
- 4 to 8 eggs, 1 or 2 per serving
- Flour, to flour potato patties
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until hot.
- Boil potato dices into a disposable aluminum dish filled with salted boiling water on rack over hot embers until tender.
- Well drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes stirring in enough of the milk to get a smooth puree.
- Salt and pepper; leave to cool completely.
- Then shape mashed potatoes into patties; lightly flour potato patties.
- Melt a little margarine into a clean disposable aluminum dish on rack over hot embers.
- Fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, melt a little butter into a disposable aluminum frypan.
- Fry eggs until done to taste.
- Serve fried eggs, along with potato patties.