- 1 medium red onion, into thin slices
- 1 celery stalk, into then slices
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] Italian salad dressing
- 8 rye bread slices
- 5 tablespoons [45 g] margarine
- 16 pastrami slices
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until medium-hot.
- Into a disposable aluminum frypan, soften together red onion and celery slices in Italian salad dressing on rack over medium-hot embers.
- Meanwhile, evenly spread margarine on one side of each of rye bread slices.
- Arrange 4 bread slices, greased side down, into a clean disposable aluminum frypan.
- Spread 1/4th of red onion and celery mixture onto each toasted slice of bread.
- Evenly top each slice with pastrami then with Cheddar cheese slices.
- Top with remaining rye bread slices, greased side up.
- Grill sandwiches in frypan until golden brown on both sides, and cheese has melted.