- 3 tablespoons [45 g] margarine
- 8 rye bread slices
- 16 slices corned beef
- 1 cup [250 mL] sauerkraut
- Thousand Island salad dressing, to taste
- 4 slices any desired cheese
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until medium-hot.
- Heat a disposable aluminum frypan on the rack over medium-hot embers.
- Evenly spread margarine on one side of each of rye bread slices.
- Arrange 4 bread slices, greased side down, into a clean disposable aluminum frypan.
- Evenly top each slice with corned beef slices, sauerkraut and Thousand Island salad dressing.
- Top each with a slice of cheese, then with remaining rye bread slices, greased side up.
- Grill sandwiches in frypan until golden brown on both sides, and cheese has melted.