- 1 1/2 pounds [680 g] ground beef
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] peanut butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mayonnaise or mayonnaise-style salad dressing, to taste
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 sweet onion slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns, grilled if desired
- After covering the wire rack with a sheet of heavy al foil, prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until medium-hot.
- Mix together ground beef and peanut butter.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Fry patties onto al foil until well-done, turning patties at half-time.
- Salt and pepper patties.
- Evenly spread the inside of bottom half of each hamburger with some mayonnaise or mayonnaise-style salad dressing; top each with a ground beef patty.
- Top each patty with a slice of tomato, a slice of sweet onion and a lettuce leaf.
- Top with remaining hamburger bun halves, and serve.