- 2 pounds [900 g] ground beef
- 1 large peeled potato, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until hot.
- Shape ground beef into 8 thin patties.
- Evenly top 4 patties with potato dices and green onion slices.
- Top with remaining patties.
- Press all around sealing in potato dices and green onion slices.
- Transfer each onto two pieces heavy al foil large enough to wrap each individually.
- Salt and pepper patties.
- Tightly seal patties in al foil; transfer onto hot rack over hot embers.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn each over and cook for 15 to 20 minutes more.