- 2 pounds [900 g] ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup [250 mL] 'minute' rice
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-mL] can tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] ketchup
- 2 cups [500 mL] water, more if needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until hot.
- Into a disposable aluminum frypan, brown together ground beef and onion dices on preheated rack over hot embers.
- Drain then evenly spread mixture into a large disposable aluminum dish.
- Evenly sprinkle rice all over mixture; pour in chopped tomates with juice and ketchup, salt, pepper then pour in 2 cups [500 mL] water.
- Cook on rack over medium-hot embers without stirring until rice is tender, pouring in more water if needed while cooking.