- 1 [2-pound / 900-g] boned pork roast
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL ] Cajun spices
- 1 [12-ounce / 340-mL] jar pineapple jam
- 2 onions, each cut into 4 wedges
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 4 wedges
- 4 to 6 peeled carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until medium-hot.
- Transfer pork roast onto 2 sheets heavy al foil large enough to completely wrap the roast.
- Rub pork roast with Cajun spices, salt and pepper pressing seasonings into the meat.
- Coat meat with pineapple jam.
- Arrange onion and potato wedges along with carrot slices on top of meat and all around the meat.
- Sprinkle all over with brown sugar
- Tightly close pocket; transfer onto rack over hot embers.
- Cook for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until tender.