- 4 pork steaks
- 2 tart cooking apples, cored then sliced
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] raisins
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] margarine, diced
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare a charcoal fire on the spot provided on your site; preheat until medium-hot.
- Brown pork steaks on both sides onto medium-hot rack over hot embers turning steak only once
- Transfer steaks onto 2 layers heavy al foil large enough to wrap in all the steaks together.
- Evenl top steaks with apple slices, raisins, margarine dices and brown sugar; salt and pepper.
- Tightly close the pocket; transfer the pocket onto still hot rack over really hot embers.
- Cook pork steaks for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, until well-done and tender.