- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 1 cup [250 mL] brown sugar
- 1/2 cup [115 g] butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup [115 g] shortening, regular or butter-tasting
- 2 teaspoon [10 mL] vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] oat flour
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] oat bran cereals
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] wheat germs
- 2 cups [280 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking powder
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] baking soda
- 1 cup [250 mL] peanut butter
- 2 cups [500 mL] multicolored candy coated chocolate candies
- 1 cup [250 mL] peanuts
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F [190°C].
- Into a large bowl, vigourously beat together sugar, brown sugar, butter or margarine and shortening until creamy and well blended.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Stir in oat flour, oat bran cereals and wheat germs.
- Mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix into first mixture along with peanut butter, multicolored candy coated chocolate candies, peanuts and raisins.
- Drop dough, 1 tablespoonful [15 mL] at a time approximately 2 inches [5 cm] from each other onto an ungreased cookie sheet; lightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake cookies into preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes, until just beginning to brown.
- Bake cookies for 1 minute more.
- Transfer cookies onto wire racks; leave to cool completely.