- 2 1/2 cups [565 g] grated cheese
- 8 slices bacon, fried, drained then crumbled
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped any color sweet pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] pepper
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter or margarine
- 1 [19-ounce / 450-mL] can potatoes, reheated then drained
- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can artichoke hearts, reheated then drained
- 1 French bread stick, sliced
- At home, into a small bowl, mix together grated cheese, fried bacon crumbs, chopped sweet pepper and parsley, prepared horseradish and pepper.
- Bring milk to a boil; immediately pour boiling milk over mixture.
- Beat using an electric beater until smooth.
- Stir in butter or margarine, until completely melted.
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 6 servings shaping mixture into bread shapes.
- Individually wrap each serving into plastic wrap; refrigerate at least overnight; keep cold at all times.
- On the camp ground, to serve, unwrap then thread cheese mixture servings onto each of 6 long metal forks or skewers.
- Heat over camp fire or barbecue over low charcoals until cheese just starts to melt.
- To eat, grate just melted top part of cheese mixture all over some of hot potatoes and artichoke hearts, and bread stick slices.
- Repeat operation.