- 1 pound [454 g] wieners, each cut into 4 chunks
- 1 sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, cubed
- 1 sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded, cubed
- 1 [398-mL / 14-ounce] can pineapple chunks
- Sweet and sour barbecue sauce, to coat
- 1 [540-mL / 19-ounce] can potatoes
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour to prevent burning
- Evenly thread wiener chunks, sweet green and red pepper cubes and pineapple chunks onto wooden skewers.
- Brush skewers with sweet and sour barbecue sauce.
- Brown until done onto hot barbecue rack, over camp fire, even into a frypan, brushing skewers every once in a while with more sweet and sour barbecue sauce.
- Meanwhile, pour canned potatoes and liquid into small casserole or, if desired, drain, rinse and transfer potatoes into salted water into small casserole.
- Warm-up potatoes until hot.
- Serve skewers, along with drained potatoes.