- 8 wieners
- 8 [2 1/2 x 3 x 1/4-inch / 6 x 7.5-cm x 1-mm] each pieces cheese
- 8 thin slices of bacon
- 8 hot dog buns
- Long cooking forks
- Being careful not to cut through, half wieners lengthwise long enough to be able to insert cheese pieces.
- Fill each pocket with a piece of cheese.
- Roll one slice of bacon all around each wiener, closing pockets and completely covering the cheese.
- Secure both ends of bacon with toothpicks.
- Insert a long fork in the middle of each wiener.
- Grill over really hot coals until bacon is done.
- Remove forks and lay a wiener into each hot dog bun.
- Remove toothpicks, and enjoy!