- 10 to 12 potatoes, scraped then sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 sweet red and/or green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, chopped
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes, scraped then sliced [optional]
- Butter or margarine
- Onto a large sheet al foil, doubled for more resistance, lay some potato slices side-by-side, into one layer.
- Top potato slices all over with part of chopped onion and sweet peppers; sprinkle all over with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- If desired, top with a few sweet potato slices
- Repeat layers 2 or 3 times, using all potato slices.
- Top all over with small pieces butter or margarine.
- Cover with al foil; seal al foil all around.
- Transfer bundle in the middle of a circle of hot charcoals.
- Cook turning bundle often to prevent potatoes from burning, for 60 to 90 minutes.