- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] finely chopped sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] ketchup
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] cornstarch
- 1 tablesponn [15 mL] Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds [680 g] ground beef
- 1 teaspon [5 mL] salt
- 6 hamburger buns
- Melt butter into a frypan.
- Soften together chopped onion and sweet green pepper into melted fat.
- Mix together ketchup, cornstarch and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix into vegetables before pouring in beer.
- Bring barbecue sauce to a boil stirring.
- Salt ground beef mixing until blended.
- Shape mixture into 6 approximately 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] thick each patties.
- Brush patties with some of hot barbecue sauce.
- Grill patties to taste onto rack, for approximately 6 to 8 minutes on each side, brushing patties with remaining barbecue sauce.
- If desired, toast hamburger buns before adding patties to serve.