- 6 small chicken fryers
- 3 onions
- 12 medium potatoes
- 6 medium carrots
- 12 celery stalks
- 3 cups [750 mL] biscuit dough mix
- 6 tablespoons [90 g] butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 clean [1-pound / 454-g] each metal coffee cans
- For each 2 servings, halve 1 chicken and cut each half into pieces so they fit into 1 can.
- Cut 1 of the onions into 4 wedges; chop 1 of the wedges for each 2 servings and sprinkle chopped onion over chicken pieces.
- Peel and dice 2 of the potatoes; arrange on top of chopped onion.
- Scrape then sthinly slice 1 carrot; arrange on top of potato dices.
- Finely chop 2 of celery stalks; evenly arrange on top of carrot slices.
- Salt, pepper and pour in 1/2 cup [125 mL] water.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients filling all 6 cans.
- For each 2 servings, mix together 1/2 cup [125 mL] biscuit dough mix, 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter and 4 tablespoons [60 mL] water.
- Shape dough into 1-inch [2.5-cm] each balls.
- Top mixture in can with as many dough balls as possible.
- Seal cans using al foil.
- Transfer cans upright into really hot charcoals.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour, until done.