Lemon Worcestershire Sauce Butter
- 4 to 6 whole small trouts, gutted and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to brush
- Vegetable oil, to brush
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat barbecue or campfire to medium intensity.
- Salt and pepper the inside of each trout.
- Brush the skin with olive oil.
- Mix together all lemon Worcestershire sauce butter ingredients until well blended.
- Brush barbecue or campfire rack with vegetable oil.
- Grill trouts 3 to 4 inches [7.6 to 10 cm] from hot charcoals, brushing trouts often with some of melted lemon Worcestershire sauce butter but turning trouts only once for approximately 17 minutes on each side, until easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve trouts, along with remaining melted lemon Worcestershire sauce butter.