- 1 steak per serving
- Steak spices or pepper, to taste
- 1 medium potato per serving
- Approximately 1 hour before meal time, prepare a fire using at least 8 logs, maple wood preferably.
- Rinse then well wrap each potato into a double layer al foil.
- Transfer wrapped potatoes directly into embers; cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Then season steaks to taste with steak spices or pepper.
- Transfer steaks side-by-side into flat wire basket.
- Transfer steaks onto campfire rack or fire-resistant rocks if there is no rack, over hot embers.
- Grill to taste turning steaks once.
- A steak is rare when blood just comes on top of steak when grilling on the second side.
- Remove potatoes from embers; halve potatoes in al foil.
- Serve immediately.