- 1 pound [454 g] ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-mL] can chili beans
- 1 [15-ounce / 426-mL] can tamales
- 3/4 cup [175 g] shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup [250 mL] crushed corn chips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown together ground beef, onion dices and minced garlic, into an al foil skillet onto camp fire rack over hot coals, stirring until crumbled.
- Drain off melted fat; salt and pepper mixture.
- Pour mixture into an al foil deep dish.
- Layer chili beans, tamales and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Top with crushed corn chips.
- Cover and heat until cheese melts before serving.