- 1 center cut ham steak large enough for 4
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tart apples, cored then sliced
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] raisins
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter or margarine, into tiny pieces
- Lay ham steak onto a double thickeness heavy duty al foil large enough to wrap everything in.
- Top with sweet potato quarters and tart apple slices.
- Sprinkle all over with raisins and brown sugar.
- Dot with butter or margarine pieces.
- Seal pocket.
- Transfer onto camp fire rack over hot coals.
- Cook for 45 to 50 minutes, until sweet potatoes and apples are tender.