- 1 pound [454 g] sausage meat
- 1 [17 1/3-ounce / 490-g] can large refrigerator biscuits [8 biscuits]
- 4 slices any desired cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Shape sausage meat into 4 patties.
- Cook patties into an al foil skillet onto camp fire rack over hot coals until done.
- Roll biscuits to 1/8-inch [3-mm] thickness.
- Top 4 biscuits with done sausage patties.
- Top each with 1 slice of cheese, then with remaining biscuits.
- Seal edges with a fork.
- Brush each side with vegetable oil.
- Transfer each onto a double thickness of heavy duty al foil.
- Seal pockets loosely giving biscuits room to raise.
- Transfer onto camp fire rack over hot coals.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes per side, until biscuits are done.