- 1 pound [454 g] ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] chunky spaghetti sauce
- 4 kaiser buns
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese, halved
- Brown together ground beef and onion dices, stirring to crumble, into an al foil skillet onto camp fire rack over hot coals.
- Drain melted fat before stirring in chunky spaghetti sauce.
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Half kaiser buns; top bottom half of kaiser buns with half of halved Mozzarella cheese slices.
- Evenly spoon ground beef mixture on top of cheese.
- Top with remaining halved Mozzarella cheese slices, then with kaiser bun tops.
- Individually wrap each bun into a double thickness of heavy duty al foil and seal.
- Heat onto camp fire rack over hot coals until cheese melts, for about 10 minutes, before serving.