- 1 1/2 pounds [680 g] ground beef
- 2 [11-ounce / 312-mL each] cans Cheddar cheese soup concentrate
- 1 small [8-ounce / 250-mL] jar thick and chunky salsa
- 1 [14 1/2-ounce / 412-g] package white corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] green onion slices
- Seeded Jalapeno pepper slices, to taste [optional]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Stirring to crumble, brown ground beef into an al foil skillet onto camp fire rack over hot coals.
- Drain off melted fat; salt and pepper.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese soup concentrate and thick and chunky salsa; heat through.
- Evenly pour mixture over white corn tortilla chips.
- Serve, sprinkled all over with chopped sweet red pepper, green onion slices and, if desired, seeded Jalapeno pepper slices.