- 2 pounds [900 g] ground beef
- 2 medium peeled onions, diced
- 4 medium peeled potatoes, diced
- 4 large peeled carrots, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shape ground beef into a large patty.
- Transfer onto a double thickness of heavy duty al foil.
- Scatter onion and potato dices along with carrot slices on top of meat and around the meat.
- Seal foil into a pocket.
- Transfer onto camp fire rack over hot coals.
- Cook for 45 to 60 minutes, until hamburger steak is done and vegetables are tender.
- Drain juices before serving.