- 2 pounds [900 g] ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 [11-ounce / 312-mL] mexi-corn kernels, drained
- 1 [15-ounce / 426-mL] can chili tomatoes
- 1 sweet red pepper, membrane removed and seeded, diced
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, membrane removed and seeded, diced
- 1 [15-ounce / 426-mL] can red beans
- 1 [8 1/2-ounce / 240-g] box corn muffin mix
- Stirring, brown ground beef into an al foil skillet onto camp fire rack over hot coals.
- Drain melted fat.
- Transfer into an al foil pot.
- Mix in onion dices, drained mexi-corn kernels, chili tomatoes, sweet red an yellow pepper dices along with red beans.
- Transfer onto camp fire rack over hot coals; leave chili to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions.
- Drop spoonfuls corn muffin mixture onto chili.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes more.
- Uncover and cook for 10 minutes more before serving.