- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 2 cups [500 mL] light cream
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] vanilla extract
- Into the upper part of a double-boiler, bring milk to just a boil, but do not boil.
- Meanwhile, into a medium bowl, beat together egg yolks, sugar and salt.
- Leave warm milk to cool for a few minutes before pouring it, stirring, into egg yolks mixture.
- Pour mixture back into upper part of a double-boiler; cook over medium heat, until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Leave mixture to cool, then refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Then stir in light cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.