- 2 [1-ounce / 28-g each] unsweetened chocolate squares, into pieces
- 2 cups [500 mL] whole milk
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [7.5 mL] vanilla extract
- 1 cup [250 mL] light cream
- 1 cup [250 mL] whipping cream
- Into the upper part of a double-boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate pieces over hot yet not boiling water.
- Stir in milk, then sugar and salt.
- Remove from heat and whip mixture using a wire whip, until foamy.
- Leave to cool until lukewarm, for quite a few minutes.
- Wwhip mixture before stirring in vanilla extract and light cream.
- Then whip in whipping cream.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.