- 3 [1-ounce / 28-g each] semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 2 cups [500 mL] whole milk
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] green Creme de Menthe liqueur
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup [250 mL] whipping cream
- Melt chocolate squares into the top part of a double boiler over hot yet not boiling water.
- Slowly stir in milk, sugar and salt.
- Into a bowl, beat eggs yolks until of lemon color before mixing into melted chocolate mixture.
- Cook over low heat until just beginning to thicken.
- Remove from heat, stir in green Creme de Menthe liqueur and leave mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Into a bowl, then beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold beaten egg whites into mixture.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form, then fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.