- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] icing sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- 1 teaspoon [2.5 g] unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] hot, yet not boiling, water
- 1 cup [250 mL] crushed bananas*
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] lemon juice
- 2 cups [500 mL] whipping cream
- Into a large bowl, beat together beaten eggs and icing sugar until light and foamy.
- Mix in salt, nutmeg and milk.
- Into a measuring cup, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over hot water; leave to soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Away from heat, mix swollen gelatin into mixture, stirring until completely dissolved.
- *Crush freshly peeled bananas along with lemon juice.
- Mix lemony crushed bananas into gelatin mixture.
- Whip cream until light and fluffy; fold whipped cream into banana mixture.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.