- 6 eggs
- 2 cups [500 mL] maple syrup
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons [37.5 mL] cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 3 cups [750 mL] whipping cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [7.5 mL] vanilla extract
- Beat eggs into a large bowl.
- Mix in maple syrup, milk, cornstarch and salt.
- Pour mixture into the upper part of a double-boiler, over hot yet not boiling water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring for at least 5 minutes, until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
- Then fold in whipped cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.