- 3 cups [750 mL] peach slices*
- 1 3/4 cups [350 g] sugar
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] lemon juice
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] salt
- 2 cups [500 mL] light cream
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] vanilla extract
- *Stone, peel and slice fresh peaches.
- Transfer peach slices into a large bowl; delicately mix in 3/4 cup [150 g] of the sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Into the upper part of a double-boiler, bring milk to just a boil, but do not boil.
- Meanwhile, into a medium bowl, beat together egg yolks, remaining 1 cup [200 g] sugar, and salt.
- Leave hot milk to cool for a few minutes before pouring it into beaten egg yolks mixtture; stir.
- Pour mixture into upper part of double-boiler; cook over medium until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Leave mixture to cool completely.
- Then mix in light cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions, until mixture is about half frozen.
- Mix in reserved cold peach slices.
- Finish processing, still following manufacturer's instructions.