- 1/2 cup [125 mL] really hot water
- 3/4 cup [150 g] sugar
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] pineapple juice
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] buttermilk
- Into a heavy casserole, boil together really hot water and sugar stirring every once in a while, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour mixture into a bowl and mix in grated orange and lemon rinds, pineapple juice and salt.
- Refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions until of puree consistency.
- Stir in buttermilk, until well blended.
- Finish processing, still following manufacturer's instructions.