- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup [100 g] sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 4 tablespoons [60 mL] Rum
1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] Rum extract
- 1 cup [250 mL] whipping cream
- Nutmeg, to taste [to serve]
- Into a bowl, beat egg yolks until thick, of lemon color.
- Slowly beat in sugar.
- Transfer bowl into freezer, until mixture is really cold.
- Into a clean bowl, beat together egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form, slowly mixing in Rum or Rum extract.
- Into a clean bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into egg mixture.
- After having removed cubing part, evenly spread mixture into a metal ice cube tray; freeze mixture.
- When ready to serve, spoon eggnog ice cream into tall glasses.
- Serve, sprinkled with nutmeg.