- 4 cups [1 L] whipping cream
- 3/4 cup [150 g] sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] canned sweetened coconut cream
- 2 cups [500 mL] sweetened coconut flakes
- Into a heavy casserole, bring cream to just a boil, but do not boil.
- Pour cream into a bowl before mixing in sugar and salt, then sweetened coconut cream and sweetened coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate mixture for quite a few hours, until really cold.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.