- 1 cup [250 mL] whole milk
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 1/2 cups [300 g] sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 1 tablespoon [8.75 g] flour or cornstarch [15 mL]
- 2 cups [500 mL] whipping cream
- 2 cups [500 mL] freshly crushed cleaned blueberriess
- Into the upper part of a double-boiler, over boiling water, bring milk to just a boil.
- Into a bowl, slowly pour hot milk over well-beaten eggs; pour mixture back into upper part of double-boiler.
- Mix in 1 cup [200 g] of the sugar, salt and flour or cornstarch.
- Cook, stirring, until just thickening.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a bowl; leave to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Then, whip cream until stiff yet still damp peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cold mixture.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions, until partially frozen.
- Mix together crushed blueberries and remaining 1/2 tasse [100 g] sugar; mix into partially frozen mixture.
- Finish processing, still following manufacturer's instructions.