- 1 cup [250 mL] light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] water
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] vanilla
- 1 cup [250 mL] whipping cream, whipped but not dry
- Into a small heavy casserole, mix together light brown sugar, water and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil; leave to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in beaten eggs.
- Pour mixture into the upper part of a double-boiler.
- Cook mixture, stirring over hot yet not boiling water, until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Stir in butter.
- Leave mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in milk and vanilla, then fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.