- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 4 cups [1 L] water
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] freshly chopped peaches*
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] lemon juice
- Into a large casserole, mix together sugar and water; cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- Leave to boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- *Meanwhile, peel, stone then finely chop peaches into a bowl; mix in lemon juice.
- Remove boiling syrup from heat; stir in chopped peaches and lemon juice.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.