- 4 cups [1 L] cleaned* fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon [2.5 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cold water
- 1 cup [200 g] sugar
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] lemon juice
- *Clean, rinse then, using paper toweling, delicately pat dry raspberries.
- Into bowl, crush then refrigerate raspberries.
- Into a measuring cup, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- Into a medium-size casserole, mix sugar into remaining 1 cup [250 mL] water; cover and bring to a boil.
- Leave mixture to simmer for 5 minutes, without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice; then mix in reserved swollen gelatin, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate mixture until really cold.
- Then mix really cold crushed raspberries into really cold gelatin mixture.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.