- 1 tablespoon [7 g] unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] lemon juice
- 3 cups [750 mL] freshly cleaned stoned sour cherries
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar
- 1 egg white
- Sprinkle gelatin into lemon juice; set aside.
- Into a heavy casserole, pour water over cleaned stones sour cherries.
- Bring to a boil; leave to simmer, without stirring, for 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Into a clean casserole, through a fine sieve or a potato ricer, press cooled cherries mixture into a puree.
- Mix swollen gelatin and sugar into cherry puree; bring to a boil.
- Simmer slowly to completely melt gelatin and sugar; remove from heat and leave to cool completely.
- Refrigerate mixture until really cold, for quite a few hours.
- Then, beat egg white until stiff yet still wet.
- Beat cold mixture, then fold in beaten egg white.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker cylinder.
- Process following manufacturer's instructions.